Charge and Membership
The committee reviews, analyzes, prioritizes, and recommends actions that will sustain the academic mission of Ohio University. The Provost, the Vice President for Finance and Administration, and the Vice President for Student Affairs chair the Committee jointly.
The Committee may review, analyze, prioritize, and make recommendations on:
- The Ohio University Sustainability and Climate Action Plans and revisions processes;
- The organization and operation of Ohio University Sustainability sub-committees and Sustainability Hubs;
- Annual Sustainability reporting, both internal and external;
- New or revised policies and practices concerning the sustainability themes of climate, water, energy, solid waste, food, grounds, buildings, transportation, procurement, investments, student life, and human resources;
- Evaluation of decisions, policies, and practices through the sustainability triple bottom line framework of simultaneous benefits to the economy, the environment and society;
- Evaluation of sustainability grant and award proposals.
- Other items as needed.
The Sustainability Committee makes its recommendations to the President and the Board of Trustees.
• 3 – Sustainability Hub Coordinators (may note vote on their own appointments or awards)
• 1 – At-Large, identified via Faculty Senate
• 1 – At-Large, identified via the committee’s administrative chair
• Executive Vice President and Provost
• Vice President for Finance and Administration
• Vice President for Student Affairs
• Director of Sustainability
• Associate Director of Sustainability
• Representative of a Regional Campus
• 2 – Deans or designees
SOPEC Director of Marketing
Executive Director, Community Food Initiatives
Associate Director of Sustainability
Arts & Sciences
Lyn Redington, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Director, Facilities Management
Executive Vice President and Provost
Ohio Program of Intensive English (OPIE)
Sustainable Administration Hub Coordinator
Professor, Geography, and Scalia Lab Director
Sustainable Infrastructure Hub Coordinator
Assistant Professor of Instruction in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
Environmental Affairs Senator
All University committees follow the academic-year calendar.
All students serve one-year terms. Faculty, administrators, and staff generally serve three-year terms. Ex-Officio appointments have voting privileges unless otherwise noted.