Sorority and Fraternity Life Committee
Charge and Membership
The Sorority and Fraternity Life Committee serves as the advisory body for all rules, regulations, and standards affecting the recognition of fraternity and sorority organizations on the Ohio University campus. This Committee provides recommendations to the Vice President for Student Affairs following discussion and consultation with the Interfraternity Council, the Women's Pan-Hellenic Association, and the National Pan-Hellenic Council.
The Committee's recommendations include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Assist and encourage individual and chapter development consistent with the mission, goals, and objectives of Ohio University, and the fraternities and sororities that comprise the system.
- Assist individual chapters and coordinating bodies such as IFC, WPA, and NPHC in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with Inter/national offices of such organizations. This includes establishing expectations for the Inter/national organizations to assume as they relate to their member chapters on the Ohio University campus.
- Represent the best interests of the fraternity and sorority system before decision-making bodies of the University.
- Represent the best interests of the University and surrounding community to the Greek-letter organizations.
- Establish and periodically review standards of scholarship and behavior of the individual chapters and the fraternity and sorority system.
• 1 – At-Large Graduate Student
• 1 – At-Large Undergraduate Students
• 1 – Women’s Pan-Hellenic Association President or representative
• 1 – Multicultural Greek Council President or representative
• 1 – National Pan-Hellenic Council President or representative
• 1 – Interfraternity Council President or representative
5 Ex-officio – One representative from each of the following areas:
• Assistant VP for Student Affairs or designee (voting)
• Center for Advising, Career and Experiential Learning (voting)
• Office of Community Standards and Student Responsibility (voting)
• Housing and Residence Life (voting)
• Director of Sorority and Fraternity Life or designee (non-voting unless there is a need for a tie-breaking vote)
Associate Director of Community Standards
Director for Business Operations
Chris Medrano Graham (She/Her/Ella)
Director of Sorority & Fraternity Life
Associate Director, Equity and Civil Rights Compliance, and Deputy Title IX Coordinator
All University committees follow the academic-year calendar.
All students serve one-year terms. Faculty, administrators, and staff generally serve three-year terms. Ex-Officio appointments have voting privileges unless otherwise noted.