Photo courtesy of: University Communications and MarketingDr. Chaden Djalali
EVPP Chaden Djalali has announced that the search for OHIO’s next Dean of Libraries is officially underway.
The University has retained executive search firm Isaacson/Miller to facilitate a national search, with Beverly Brady leading the team. Beverly visited campus in mid-September to learn more about the critical role OHIO’s libraries play in undergraduate and graduate education, student success, faculty research and community support.
Interim Vice President for Research and Creative Activity and Dean of Graduate College David Koonce and Carey Busch, Assistant Dean of University College and ADA/504 Coordinator, have agreed to serve as co-chairs. Search committee members were selected in consultation with Dean Scott Seaman, the President’s office, Faculty, Administrative, Classified, Student Senate and Graduate Student Senate.
EVPP Djalali reported that the search committee has finalized a position description and will work with Isaacson/Miller to attract qualified applicants and begin the process of selecting a final pool of candidates to bring to campus, at which time the University community will be invited to meet with the candidates and share in the process of finding the next Dean of Libraries.
EVPP Djalali thanked Scott Seaman for 10 years of excellence in leadership.
“Dean Seaman’s vision has transformed the libraries into a hub of student, staff and faculty educational and research activities,” noted EVPP Djalali recently noted in a communication to all University Libraries staff: “In speaking with Dean Seaman, I know that he attributes the success of the Libraries to each of you and your dedication to our academic community. I can say with all sincerity that Alden Library has established itself as a vibrant, student-centered library and a source of great pride for Ohio University.”
Members of the search committee include:
• Susan Burgess, Distinguished Professor of Political Science
• Chad Boeninger, Head of User Services
• Kimberly Brooks, Library Support Services
• Blair Egan, Student Senate Representative
• Janet Hulm, Assistant Dean for Collections & Digitization Strategies
• Bob Klein, Interim Dean Ohio University Eastern
• William Larson, Associate Professor of Education
• Candice Morris, Senior Director, Instructional Design and Strategic Program Initiatives
• Sharon Perry, Associate Professor of Exercise Physiology
• Bill Reader, Professor of Journalism
• Alycia Stigall, Professor of Geology
• Matt Thomson, Program Manager of CoLab
• Weiqiang Yuan, Graduate Student Senate Representative