Culinary Services has been utilizing the summer as a time to evaluate the venues and prepare operations for the fall semester. New menu items will be incorporated at most dining venues to keep items fresh and on-trend all while considering customer feedback.
Shively Court’s front-of-house refresh will facilitate more effective operations while keeping many fan favorites on the menu. The salad bar has been redesigned and expanded to include an assortment of vegan as well as hot and cold vegetarian items. Shively Grab N Go will offer a Mexican street food concept featuring made-from-scratch flour tortillas. The $1.8 million project for this refresh was entirely funded by Culinary Services.
Culinary Services is also implementing a number of sustainability initiatives for the fall. Following a successful pilot in Spring 2018, Culinary Services will launch a Reusable To-Go Container Program at all three residential Dining Courts. These containers may be purchased for $5 near the Dining Court checker stands beginning Aug. 19, 2018.
Culinary Services also partnered with Housing and Residence Life, Student Senate, and the Residents’ Action Council (tRAC) to introduce the Green for Green Initiative, which will provide a complimentary reusable bag to all students living in residence halls. Customers who use any reusable bag at the Campus Markets will receive a 5-cent discount off of their total purchase, while customers choosing not to use reusable bags will pay 5 cents for every plastic bag used.
Culinary Services is also implementing several menu updates for the upcoming semester:
- Latitude 39 will incorporate new menu items to keep its offerings fresh and exciting. A full listing if menu offerings can be found at https://www.ohio.edu/food/locations/Latitude-39.cfm.
- West 82 will feature several new menu additions to keep the concepts on-trend and exciting. This will include Belgian waffles, chicken teriyaki subs, salted caramel pulled pork and an over-the-top BIG 82 Burger.
- West 82’s Fast Lane concept will feature customizable snack options. Customers can stop in and pick up their favorite Pepsi product and a bag of freshly-popped popcorn with a variety of toppings including: banana, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, chocolate, and cinnamon sugar. Grab and go sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit and more will also be available for quick and convenient snack options. West 82’s Fast Lane concept change expenses came to approximately $5,000.
- Rinkside in Bird Ice Arena will add a walking taco option.
- The Campus Markets will feature a variety of new Fresh Take items including zucchini and squash noodles, breakfast bowls, and brownie brittle with cheesecake dip.
- A variety of food options are available on a daily basis at the three residential Dining Courts. Daily menus can be found at https://www.ohio.edu/food/menus/.
Information on Culinary Services, including hours and a mobile app, are available at https://www.ohio.edu/food/.