Photo courtesy of: University Communications and MarketingPresident M. Duane Nellis
President M. Duane Nellis has created a Corporate Engagement Task Force with the purpose of achieving a culture at Ohio University that places increased value on corporate engagement.
“My hope for this task force is to build capacity for corporate engagement and stewardship and to grow corporate relationships,” President Nellis explained. “Ohio University aims to continually build its overall engagement ecosystem, and this task force will play a crucial role in this mission.”
The task force members will prepare an Ohio University Corporate Engagement Strategic Plan, recommend target industries for investment and focus, and serve as ambassadors for contact, engagement and partnership with industry leaders.
Ken Johnson, D.O., chief medical affairs officer for Ohio University and the executive dean of the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, will serve as chair of the task force.
“Our task force members are talented and passionate professionals from across the University who have already built industry relationships that have enhanced teaching, sponsorship, mentoring, internship opportunities, economic and business development, and other innovations,” said Johnson. “This task force will lead the charge to further develop our corporate relationships to increasingly benefit our students, our faculty, our communities, and – very importantly – the industries with whom we work.”
The OHIO Corporate Engagement Task Force comprises these faculty and administrators:
- Scott Miller, associate dean for industry partnerships, Russ College of Engineering and Technology
- Hugh Sherman, dean, College of Business
- Deb Shaffer, vice president for finance and administration
- Teri Hauser, assistant vice president for central programs
- Joe Shields, interim dean, College of Arts & Sciences
- Lynn Gellermann, executive director of the Center for Entrepreneurship for TechGrowth
- John Kopchick, Goll-Ohio Eminent Scholar
- Elizabeth Sayrs, senior vice provost for undergraduate education and student success, dean of University College
- Kevin King, director of industry partnerships/ex-officio
- Matt Roberts, senior director, corporate and foundation relations/ex-officio