Ohio Today spring issue available to OHIO employees online and at campus distribution points
The spring 2023 issue of Ohio Today, Ohio University’s alumni magazine, is out and available to OHIO faculty and staff online at ohiotoday.org. A limited number of hard copies of the magazine are also available for pick-up at the following distribution points on each OHIO campus:
- Athens Campus – Copies are available at the fourth-floor guest services desk at Baker University Center and in the second-floor vestibule of Alden Library.
- Chillicothe Campus – Copies are available in the Dean’s Office.
- Cleveland Campus – Copies are available in the Cleveland HCOM lobby.
- Dublin Campus – Copies are available in the Dean’s Suite (Suite 350) of Medical Education Building 1 and in the Dean’s Suite (Suite 230) of the Dublin Integrated Education Center.
- Eastern Campus – Copies are available in the Dean’s Office.
- Lancaster Campus – Copies are available in the Dean’s Office.
- Southern Campus – Copies are available in the Dean’s Office.
- Zanesville Campus – Copies are available outside the Dean’s Office and inside the suite of faculty offices.
Some highlights of the spring issue include:
- Res halls reimagined – Ohio Today explores how the University’s new Housing Master Plan will create a more connected Bobcat community.
- What the PORTSfuture holds – Ohio University is working with the U.S. Department of Energy and the Southern Ohio Diversification Initiative to reindustrialize a former Piketon uranium enrichment facility into a green energy production and sustainable manufacturing complex.
- In full bloom – Celebrate the 50-year history of OHIO’s partnership with Chubu University in Japan, from inception to modern-day enjoyment of the cherry trees lining the Hocking River.
- The gift of forever – The founder of The Athens News and his wife create an endowment fund to support urban high school graduates.
- Paving the way for others – Learn how one alumnus is making the effort to help current students from all backgrounds thrive.
- Mapping OHIO memories – Student portraits are paired with maps they created to illustrate their OHIO experiences.
- Passion Works turns 25 – A local art studio observes a milestone and partners with OHIO to address bias and respect.
- Celebrating a century of journalism education – A new book from the Ohio University Press marks the 100th anniversary of Ohio University’s renowned E.W. Scripps School of Journalism.
- Time Machine – After 150 years, the legacy of Margaret Boyd, OHIO’s first female graduate, persists.
- Last word? Go Bobcats! – University Communications and Marketing Vice President Robin Oliver and other OHIO alumnae bring Bobcat pride to New York City.
To read these stories and more, visit the Ohio Today website and flip through a digital version of the magazine.
Ohio Today is Ohio University’s alumni magazine and a publication of The Ohio University Foundation. For additional information about Ohio Today or to provide feedback, email email@example.com.