Fall issue of Ohio Today invites OHIO community to celebrate
“We are not like our competitors. We offer something unique and special, and we change the lives of our students every day.” —President Hugh Sherman at Sept. 14 State of the University Address
The fall issue of Ohio Today magazine is being released as, in the words of President Sherman, the Ohio University community has “much to celebrate.” From a Carnegie R1 designation that places Ohio University among the nation’s top research institutions and the 50th anniversary of the groundbreaking Honors Tutorial College to OHIO alumni whose achievements are one-of-a-kind and support for alma mater life-changing, Ohio Today invites readers to celebrate.
The digital issue of Ohio Today, Ohio University's alumni magazine, is available at ohiotoday.org, and the print publication will be arriving in mailboxes and on campuses soon. Some highlights of the fall issue include:
- ‘A major mark of distinction’ — In celebration of OHIO’s Carnegie R1 designation, Ohio Today takes a look at some of the research and creative activity that is impacting campus, communities and industries near and far while allowing Bobcats to transcend from learners to originators.
- Sending in the sentinels — Three-time OHIO alumna goes to the extremes on a history-making expedition in the High Arctic.
- Still the first and only — OHIO’s Honors Tutorial College marks 50 years of nurturing a create-your-own-destiny experience.
- All aboard — Thirty years after the last train rolled through the Athens Campus, Bobcats travel the same route as the steam and diesel engines of a bygone era.
- Off the beaten track — Unprecedented career takes OHIO alumnus and former basketball player around the world as a guardian of the rails.
- Trails blazed, legacies paved — The Ebony Bobcat Network’s 2022 Trailblazer Award recipients made their marks at OHIO and beyond, helping teams to victory and paving the way for future generations of Bobcats.
- Born of Bobcat spirit — Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium is the keeper of many OHIO moments and memories and a testament to a spirit of alumni giving that endures – and has made history again – 100 years later.
- Time Machine — Ohio Today takes a look at 20 years of OHIO’s Student Research and Creative Activity Expo, an annual event that nurtures and celebrates student innovation, discovery and imagination.
- 85 years in the waiting — Facilities Management employees unearth a hidden piece of OHIO history – a time capsule placed in the cornerstone of Scott Quad in 1937.
- Last Word — As a distinguished music producer and DJ, Dr. Jason Rawls, EDD ’17, has been mixing beats for more than 25 years. Today, he is mixing his passions and revolutionizing teacher education.
- Poet, mentor, leader, Bobcat — A new release from the Ohio University Press comes from an OHIO alumna who holds Athens and Appalachia close to her heart.
Ohio Today is Ohio University’s alumni magazine and a publication of The Ohio University Foundation. For additional information about Ohio Today or to provide feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org.