Search committee for dean of University College announced
Executive Vice President and Provost Dr. Elizabeth Sayrs has announced the internal search for the next dean of University College. The search committee is chaired by Vice President for Research and Creative Activity and Dean of the Graduate College Joe Shields and University College Associate Professor Allison White.
University College comprises university-wide academic support programs including the Academic Achievement Center, the Office of First Year and Student Transitions, the Office for University Accessibility, the Center for Campus and Community Engagement, and ROTC, as well as several applied, technical, and interdisciplinary degree programs and support for undecided students.
“The University College dean is a critical partner in supporting the success of all students, whether through orientation and learning communities, tutoring and accessibility services, or interdisciplinary and applied academic programs,” Provost Sayrs said. “The successful candidate will be instrumental in collaborating across all our campuses to support the university’s student success goals to close equity gaps.”
Members of the search committee include:
- Duane Bruce, interim assistant director of the Multicultural Center, Division of Diversity and Inclusion
- Kelly Broughton, assistant dean for research and education services, University Libraries
- Cindy Cogswell, director of strategic planning and assessment, Division of Student Affairs
- Sara Helfrich, interim dean, Patton College of Education
- Jim McKean, associate professor of law enforcement technology, University College
- Teresa McKenzie, accessibility coordinator, University College
- Wendy Merb-Brown, assistant dean, operations and first-year and student transitions, University College
- Greg Moeller, assistant dean for student success, Scripps College of Communication
- Andrew Pueschel, director of emerging leaders, Robert D. Walter Center for Strategic Leadership, assistant professor, College of Business
- Valerie Young, associate professor, chemical and biomolecular engineering, Russ College of Engineering and Technology
In lieu of a search firm, University Human Resources Strategic Search Services will conduct the search.
Carey Busch has served as interim dean of University College since former Dean Sayrs was named Executive Vice President and Provost in March 2020.