OHIO announces search committee for assistant VP for enrollment management and director of Undergraduate Admissions
Ohio University has launched a national search for its next assistant vice president for enrollment management and director of Undergraduate Admissions (AVPEM).
Reporting to Candace J. Boeninger, vice president for enrollment management, the AVPEM will develop, lead and implement strategy to recruit, admit and enroll diverse and qualified undergraduate students at Ohio University. The position oversees Undergraduate Admissions, which supports outreach and recruitment strategy, admission policy and processes, and yield initiatives for domestic and international first-year, transfer, adult and non-degree students enrolling on the Athens campus and in OHIO Online programs.
Additionally, the office supports strategic partnerships with community colleges and community-based organizations, dual enrollment through the state of Ohio’s College Credit Plus program, external credit policy and transfer initiatives, and the evaluation of residency for tuition purposes.
To prepare for the search, Enrollment Management and University Human Resources solicited feedback from University stakeholders regarding the position, including the professional experiences and attributes that would be important for the University’s next admissions leader.
“This role is critical to the success of OHIO’s enrollment efforts, both internally and externally,” Boeninger said. “We are looking for a dynamic, accomplished admissions and enrollment professional to join our community—someone with a demonstrated record of success and a steadfast commitment to integrity, diversity and inclusion, innovation, student success, excellent customer service and teamwork.”
The search committee for the position is chaired by Honors Tutorial College Dean Donal Skinner and Valerie Miller, director of the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Additional information will be provided as the search progresses, including details about opportunities for the University community to interact with the finalists.
The search committee for the AVPEM search includes the following individuals:
- Donal Skinner, co-chair, dean, Honors Tutorial College
- Valerie Miller, co-chair, director, Student Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Ana Rosado Feger, associate professor, College of Business; faculty senator
- Antonique Flood, assistant director, Allen Student Advising Center
- David Nguyen, assistant professor, Patton College of Education; Provost Faculty Fellow
- Duane Bruce, interim assistant director, Division of Diversity and Inclusion and Multicultural Center
- Ellen Gill-Franks, student trustee, Cutler Scholar
- Jason Winchell, senior manager, Enterprise Information Systems, Office of Information Technology
- Josh Casto, senior director, Enterprise Marketing, University Communications and Marketing
- Katie Troyer, senior director, Enrollment Marketing
- KJ Russell, student tour guide, Office for Multicultural Student Access and Retention peer mentor, ambassador
- Matthew Shaftel, dean, College of Fine Arts
- Nicole Pennington, executive dean for regional higher education
- Sara White, assistant dean of student success, College of Health Sciences and Professions
In lieu of a search firm, the search will be conducted by University Human Resources Strategic Search Services. The lead search committee services provider is Cat Russell, HR liaison for strategic HR programs. Ana Tomas, specialist to the Chief Human Resource Officer, will serve as search committee logistics coordinator. Interested candidates can find more information in the Detailed Opportunity Profile, and nominations can be offered to Cat Russell at email@example.com.
Applications for the position are being accepted through April 12.