Nominations sought for MAC Outstanding Faculty Award for Student Success
The 2019-20 academic year represents the inaugural year of the Mid-American Conference Outstanding Faculty Award for Student Success. This first-of-its-kind award will recognize one full-time faculty member nominee from each MAC institution that has demonstrated a dedication to student success and will honor one nominee that has gone above and beyond in their dedication to student success as the winner of the Outstanding Faculty Award for Student Success.
On an annual basis, the selection committee will review the nominees. The winner will be announced on March 14, 2020, during the MAC Basketball Championship and will be invited to attend the MAC Honors Dinner, along with one guest, on May 27, 2020.
Nominations are due to Howard Dewald (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020. Nominations must include a 500-word statement from the nominee addressing the below criteria; a current vita, limit three pages including the most relevant information and experience related to the award criteria; and three letters of support, at least one letter must be from a student and at least one letter must be from a dean, chair or director.
Nomination eligibility and criteria is as follows:
- Each MAC full member university will have the opportunity to submit one (1) nominee for this award on an annual basis.
- Nominations from each university must be signed by the school’s provost (or his/her selected designee).
- Each nominee must be a full-time faculty member engaged with undergraduate and/or graduate students and demonstrate commitment to the following criteria:
- Student Success
- Demonstration of commitment to student success and lifelonglearning
- Demonstration of predominantly outward focus on student success, rather than inward focus on personal teaching/researchsuccess
- Demonstration of a commitment to student support anddevelopment
- Demonstration of enhancements to the student experience (curricular andco-curricular)
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching and research, scholarship, and creativeactivities
- Development or support of an inclusiveenvironment/culture
- Demonstration of a commitment toinclusion
- Active participation in the promotion and educational awareness ofinclusion
- Appreciation for the MAC Core Values including
- Academic Achievement
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Equity
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Student-Athlete Well-Being
- Student Success
Award nominations will be reviewed by the selection committee and winners will be announced in conjunction with the MAC Basketball Championship (March 14, 2020) and recognized at the MAC Honors Dinner (May 27, 2020).
November 8, 2019 MAC Office will solicit nominations.
January 16, 2020 Nominations due to campus liaison for review and selection of Ohio University nominee
February 7, 2020 Nomination due to MAC Office
February 10, 2020 Nominees and applications distributed to Selection Committee
February 2020 Selection Committee will review nominations
March 1, 2020 Award Winner Identified
March 14, 2020 MAC Basketball Championship – Award Winner Announced
May 27, 2020 MAC Honors Dinner – Award Winner Recognized/Honored. Award winner (+ 1 guest) invited to attend Honors Dinner for recognition