Konneker Grant Funding
Before launching our first exhibition in the new gallery, this new Museum Complex space has already been leveraged by the following programs/visitors:
- Ohio University Foundation Board Fall reception
- Spring Theater Senior Studio performance The Landscape
- OCEES Darwin Lecture reception by New York Times Bestselling author of The Invention of Nature, Andrea Wulf (see also https://vimeo.com/93417125)
- Filmmaker/cinematographer Matt Koshmrl
- Professor Lisle Gibbs, Director of the Ohio Biodiversity Conservation Partnership
- Scripps-hosted award winning author, and National Geographic Society’s Strategic Adviser for Environmental and Science Journalism, Andrew Revkin
- International Geoscience Programme conference focused on the Great Ordovician Biodiversification Event. Researchers from the USA, China and Australia visited the Konneker-funded gallery, with a behind-the-scenes view of the ballroom, participating in a discussion with Alycia Stigall and Nancy Stevens about place-based learning across art and science.
- The 210 gallery space has also been featured by Sally Delgado, KMA’s education curator, in East Elementary K-4 visits. On five consecutive Fridays during Spring 2018, she and her crew conducted an “envision the new space” activity as part of their tours. The hallway outside the 210 gallery was installed with historic pictures and concept renderings of the ballroom space, with groups using the Konneker-funded gallery for an activity during rotations among the various exhibitions. In all, this programming reached over 280 students! Stay tuned for updates on additional programming, events, and exhibitions planned for the 210 gallery space.
Next Steps: The Ballroom
The curatorial team next has sights set on renovating the ballroom space on the 2nd floor of Lin Hall. Stay tuned for plans on transforming the old Ballroom into a dynamic space for exhibitions, events, and interactive learning laboratories!