Dear New Graduate Student in the Center for International Studies,
Welcome! You have made an important step toward for your future by choosing to embark on a career enriched with an international studies academic degree from the distinctly interdisciplinary Center for International Studies (CIS) at Ohio University. By joining CIS, you are now part of an outstanding graduate program that attracts students from across the state of Ohio, the U.S., and around the globe.
I am certain that you will find your program challenging and rewarding, and you most certainly will make long-lasting friendships as you become a member of our vibrant and diverse OHIO Bobcat community. Leading our programs are faculty members from academic departments all across campus. Also supporting your success are a team of dedicated staff.
We are happy that for Fall 2021 we are able to welcome you to Athens in somewhat of a traditional way. We will be going back to some sort of normalcy while continuing to work to protect the health of the University community. All incoming CIS students are required to complete and attend the CIS Hybrid Orientation Programming. These meetings are an opportunity for each program to outline important requirements that you must meet to qualify for the MA degree and to initiate the process of enrollment. You will receive instructions on course selections, the on-line registration process, and other information.
Please see the schedule below for our orientation sessions and pay particular attention to those activities that will be synchronous and those that will be asynchronous. You will get a calendar invitation for all these events.
- Asynchronous sessions: starting Monday, August 9, 2021
- Delivered through a Blackboard course, these sessions will give an overview of academic programs at the CIS, financial aid requirements, the academic calendar overview, and expectations for working with faculty. Complete the course by August 19, 2021.
- Synchronous in person orientation: Friday, August 20, 2021
- This orientation session is an opportunity to meet your program director, other faculty and staff, and other students.
I look forward to meeting you next month! In the meantime, please follow us on social media.
- Facebook: https:/ww.facebook.com/ohiouCIS/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cisohiouniversity/
Dr. Patrick Barr-Melej, Interim Executive Director