Master of Health Administration (online only)
About MHA Graduates in the Profession
With a Master of Health Administration from Ohio University, graduates join a distinguished group of alumni who have demonstrated skill and competence as health care leaders within a variety of settings and facilities. These leaders have learned important principles and acquired special abilities from the program that has provided a solid foundation for their career success including:
- Effectively communicate and know when, how and with whom to communicate important organizational information.
- Include recognition of stakeholder interests and corporate responsibility in all organizational deliberations.
- Demonstrate leadership thinking in financial, legal, marketing, human resource, evaluation, quality assurance issues to meet organizational goals.
- Think creatively to propose innovative solutions to organizational problems and develop strategy to meet organizational goals.
- Recommend and use technology appropriately.
- Demonstrate use of systems thinking.
- Create, participate in, and lead effective and efficient teams
Hear from our Graduates at http://healthadmin.ohio.edu/
About the Program
The Master of Health Administration (MHA) online program is designed to prepare individuals for leadership positions in health care organizations and systems. Ohio University recognizes that mid-career professionals may need a graduate degree to continue their career progression but may not have time to fit going to class into their busy lives. The Ohio University MHA online program offers working professionals the opportunity to pursue their degree while continuing in their career path. A bonus is that often what they learn one day is useful immediately, even before completing the program The MHA program allows students to add an understanding of the 'business of health care' to their previous education and rich experience.
To get an appreciation for the program, visit http://healthadmin.ohio.edu/mha-program/
The cutting-edge and rigorous curriculum of the MHA online program is delivered in a 100 percent online learning environment. It is designed for mid-career health care professionals, to build on their existing background and to develop knowledge and skills they can apply immediately in their workplace. The flexibility of choosing where and when you study makes it possible to earn your MHA online degree in as few as 2 years.
- At least a bachelor's degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution
- An overall undergraduate grade-point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- At least two (2) years of current working experience in the U.S. healthcare field
- An understanding of statistics and financial accounting(There are 2 ways to demonstrate competence in these areas. One way is through the successful completion of previous undergraduate and/or graduate courses in these areas. The other way is by taking special, online, focused, inexpensive courses designed to prepare you for graduate study. These courses are made available to you through Ohio University. Your Enrollment Advisor can explain what is involved in taking whichever course(s) you need. You will enroll for the needed courses after you are admitted and before you start the Master of Health Administration classes from Ohio University.
Excellent English writing skills
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
A completed application file for the masters in health administration will include:
- A completed application with a $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended
- A professional statement identifying your career goals and objectives
- A resume detailing your professional work experience, especially in the health field
- Three letters of recommendation from persons qualified to evaluate your potential in health administration and your capability for graduate studies. (Personal references are generally not preferred.)
- Statement of good standing from your medical college (for current medical students)
- GMAT or GRE scores, if desired.
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
Submit your completed application, fee, and transcripts to:
2145 Metrocenter Blvd., Ste. 400,
Orlando, FL 32835
Are you ready to apply? Visit http://healthadmin.ohio.edu/
Introduction to the U.S. Health Care System
Legal and Ethical Issues
Epidemiology and Research
For more information about the courses covered in the MHA online program, please visit:
Contact an Enrollment Advisor to find out more about the program at 1.877.823.1113 or visit http://healthadmin.ohio.edu