Applying to the Interdisciplinary Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology. The MCB program has much to offer students who wish to pursue advanced studies and research in biochemistry and molecular and cellular biology. We are confident that you will find the educational and research experience at Ohio University a rewarding one.
Program Information: Ohio University Graduate Catalog: Molecular and Cellular Biology
- A bachelors/masters degree in biology or closely related discipline
- GPA (or equivalent) of 3.0 out of 4.0
- GRE scores: Verbal, Quantitative and Analytical Writing scores are required. The GRE subject test is not required.
- For international students: Minimum TOEFL score of 620 (260, computer-based, 95 internet-based).
- 3 letters of recommendation from current or prior professors.
- Resume or Curriculum Vita (CV) with employment and research experience, including part-time and / or unpaid volunteer or internship experiences.
- Personal Statement which includes: autobiographical sketch and statement of intent. A list of 2-3 MCB faculty members whose research you find especially interesting and would consider as potential mentors. (see Faculty Research)
It is recommended that students enter the program in the fall semester. Completed applications are to be received no later than December 30, 2012 for entrance in the fall semester 2013. Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the online application. However, application forms can be downloaded or requested from the MCB office.
To Apply on line: first print the Application Check List for MCB program specific requirements and University codes. Follow the instructions on the Ohio University Graduate College Website Application and Admissions Process.
Once you have read through the Graduate College admissions process scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Take Me to The APPLICATION.
Next, if you read and understand the Application Agreement click, I Agree. You will then be instructed to establish an account. We suggest you bookmark this page for easy return should you not complete your application in one session.
Once you have created your account, proceed as instructed to complete your application.
Note: The MCB graduate program does not have access to your application, nor will your recommenders be notified on your behalf, until payment has been submitted and cleared.
Once your application has been submitted online you can view your application, however, you no longer have access to make changes.
Alternatively, if you do not have access to the online application you may fill out and mail in a paper application. The paper application can be accessed here or you can request a hard copy be sent to you from the MCB office. Please note this option may delay the processing of your application.
Remember to print your Application Check List prior to starting your Graduate College Application for MCB program specific instructions and important Ohio University codes.
Molecular and Cellular Biology
Porter Hall 414
Athens, Ohio 45701-2979
To request further information, please visit the INFORMATION REQUEST FORM or email firstname.lastname@example.org