IRB Submission Procedures
All IRB submissions are made to the Ohio University Office of Research Compliance (ORC) using the electronic LEO IRB system. This includes new submissions, amendments, periodic reviews, deferrals, deviations, and event reports. The documents will be deemed signed off when the research team members agree to the stipulations listed on the submission page.
Consent Form Templates
- ICF template - exempt studies 7.31.23
- ICF template - full board and expedited studies 7.31.23
- HIPAA Language for Studies Involving Protected Health Information
- GINA Language for Studies Involving Genetic Analysis
- Assent Form: 6-12 Years [Word]
- Assent Form: 13-17 Years [Word]
To report an event to the IRB:
For guidance on reporting unanticipated problems involving risks to subjects or others and unexpected adverse events, please consult with the Office of Research Compliance, 593-0664, or refer to the guidance from OHRP.