OHIO Guarantee+ Lifelong Benefits
Benefits of attending Ohio University, OHIO Guarantee+
It’s not uncommon to think that the day you receive your diploma is that last day that Ohio University would help you in your career. That couldn’t be further from the truth.
1. Lifetime career coaching with access to the Career Network
I. Career Coaching
What is a career coach?
Career coaching is a one-to-one supported relationship with a professional coach that helps you establish personalized realistic goals, discover solutions to challenges you’re up against, develop action plans, build self-confidence, and instills motivation to take action unlike many job seekers who do the minimum and hope for the best. No matter where you are in your professional career journey, having a career coach at your fingertips puts you ahead of your competition.
Benefits of career coaching
- Learn critical skills required in today's work environment.
- Build confidence and define your value proposition.
- Build a powerful and relevant resume.
- Make informed decisions about the evolution of your career.
- Set goals and build a roadmap to your destination.
- Build connections.
- Gain lifelong career skills.
How do I schedule a career coaching session or learn more about it?
It’s easy! All current students and alumni qualify for this service. Schedule a 30-min session.
II. Mock Interviews
What to expect at a mock interview?
It’s often daunting to imagine your first interview after college. Even before that, many OHIO students must interview to hold work study jobs, internships and more. In a mock interview, you’ll be able to enhance your interviewing skills and professional resume. You’ll receive direct feedback, tips, and resources to make the “real” interview the best it could be. Learn more about how to best prepare for an interview.
III. Workshops and Training Programs
What workshop and training programs are available?
- Creating the perfect resume
- Job search resources and tips
- Salary negotiation
- Networking opportunities
2. Lifetime connection with the Bobcat Community
You will automatically become a member of the Ohio University Alumni Association and a recipient of all the benefits of the alumni associations.
Benefits of the Ohio University Alumni Association
- Alumni networking
- Professional development opportunities
- OHIO Next Generation Award
- Legacy Scholarships
- Alumni centered events in your region
- View more benefits
3. Mentorship opportunities with Ohio University alumni including how to find a job after college.
Join the Bobcat Network
The Bobcat Network is an online space built for the entire OHIO community to build connections starting today and for your future.
That means networking with people in your region, college, or affinity; building a formal mentoring relationship; seeking jobs as an alumnus; sharing jobs with your fellow alumni; providing micro-internships/projects for current students; accessing updates about events, and learning about what's new on-campus; sharing your success or questions with a wide audience of fellow Bobcats who are here to support you.