OHIO Guarantee+ Lifelong Benefits
It’s not uncommon to think that the day you receive your diploma is that last day that Ohio University would help you in your career. That couldn’t be further from the truth.
Lifetime Career Support
Career coaching is a one-to-one supported relationship with a career strategist that helps you establish personalized realistic goals, discover solutions to challenges you’re up against, develop action plans, build self-confidence, and instills motivation to take action unlike many job seekers who do the minimum and hope for the best. No matter where you are in your professional career journey, having a career strategist at your fingertips puts you ahead of your competition.
Benefits of Career Coaching
- Learn critical skills required in today's work environment.
- Build confidence and define your value proposition.
- Build a powerful and relevant resume.
- Make informed decisions about the evolution of your career.
- Set goals and build a roadmap to your destination.
- Build connections.
- Gain lifelong career skills.
Schedule a Session
It’s easy! All current students and alumni qualify for this service. Schedule on Handshake.
It’s often daunting to imagine your first interview after college. Even before that, many OHIO students must interview to hold work study jobs, internships and more. In a mock interview, you’ll be able to enhance your interviewing skills and professional resume.
What to Expect
A 30-minute mock interview will give you valuable insights for improving your performance. Students are encourage to wear business casual or professional clothing and share a resume beforehand to maximize the experience. You’ll receive direct feedback, tips, and resources to make the “real” interview the best it could be.
You'll receive professional advice about creating the perfect resume, job searching, salary negotiation, and networking opportunities. Tools will be at your fingertips to maximize your potential.
- Workshops and trainings
- Closet of professional clothing
- Career fairs and other networking events
- Resume and cover letter examples and tips
- Online resources and guides
Lifetime Connection with the Bobcat Community
You will automatically become a member of the Ohio University Alumni Association and a recipient of all the benefits of the alumni associations.
Membership with the Ohio University Alumni Association includes:
- Alumni networking
- Professional development opportunities
- OHIO Next Generation Award
- Legacy Scholarships
- Alumni centered events in your region
Mentorship and Networking Opportunities
You will have access to alumni mentors, including advice on how to find a job after college. The Bobcat Network is an online space built for the entire OHIO community to build connections starting today and for your future.
The Bobcat Network
The Bobcat Network includes:
- Networking with people in your region, college, or affinity
- Building a formal mentoring relationship, as mentor or mentee
- Seeking jobs as an alumnus
- Sharing jobs with fellow alumni
- Providing micro-internships/projects for current students
- Accessing updates about events, and learning about what's new on-campus
- Sharing your success or questions with a wide audience of fellow Bobcats who are here to support you