Dear OHIO Chillicothe students,
Welcome to what promises to be a unique fall semester. OHIO Chillicothe and the other regional campuses will be delivering fall courses using a hybrid model. This means that most of you will be taking classes online or remotely, using Blackboard or video conferencing, and a smaller group of you will be on campus for your lab and clinical sections. Regardless of whether you are online or on-campus, you can trust that you have dedicated faculty and staff to help you navigate these waters. For those of you that will be on campus, please know that your health and safety is our top priority. Our facilities staff will be performing daily cleaning and disinfecting and have made improvements on campus, like installing water bottle filling stations and upgrading our air filters, in an effort for you to remain healthy and safe.
Covid Training and Resources
The University has partnered with OhioHealth to establish the OHIO University COVID-19 Response Hotline, 877-OU-COV19 (877-682-6819), and has implemented health and safety protocols like physical distancing standards, lowering on-campus density, and the requirement of wearing a mask or face covering that covers the nose and mouth at all times in a building on campus. All faculty, staff, and students must complete the COVID-19 training and sign the OHIO Pledge. This training can be found at https://www.ohio.edu/coronavirus/training and the OHIO Pledge can be found at https://www.ohio.edu/coronavirus/ohio-pledge. Please complete the training and sign the OHIO Pledge as soon as possible.
Bennett Hall and the Stevenson Center will be the only two buildings on campus that will be accessible during the fall term. The hours of operation for each are:
- Bennett Hall: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- Stevenson Center: Monday through Thursday, 8 am to 6 pm and Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
Both Bennett Hall and Stevenson Center will have single-occupancy study rooms and other designated spaces for you to study and access technology and WiFi during the fall semester. We are designating the first-floor lounge space in Bennett Hall for this purpose, and in the Stevenson Center, you can use the Student Commons and the Quinn Library to study and connect.
Student Support Services
Our Student Services staff will have a combination of in-person and remote assistance in accessibility services, advising, financial aid, and registration for the fall semester. Below are the days that our in-person Student Services staff will be available through the week on the first floor of Bennett Hall from 8 am to 5 pm:
- Beth Barnes, Coordinator of Recruitment and Academic Advisor, Mondays and Tuesdays
- Dr. John Fisher, Director of Student Services, Thursdays and Fridays
- Cheri Hoffman, Admissions and Registration, Fridays
- Jaime Lowe, Coordinator of Student Enrollment, Mondays and Tuesdays
- Cynthia Mendenhall, Career Coach for Regional Campuses, Wednesdays beginning 10/14/2020
- Martha Tanedo, Coordinator of Financial Aid and Student Activities, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Ashlee Tatman, Coordinator of Student Support and Academic Advisor, Wednesdays
- Heidi Cottrill, Accessibility Coordinator, Remotely available only
In addition to the in-person availability mentioned above, you can connect with our Student Services staff remotely by accessing additional information found here.
Nursing students should reach out to Jeremiah Triplett (email@example.com), School of Nursing Academic Advisor, for their advising needs. Jeremiah will be available on campus Tuesdays and Thursdays during the fall semester. OUC’s School of Nursing is located on the second floor of Bennett Hall, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule an appointment.
Testing services will be available remotely for the fall semester. Please contact our Testing Center Coordinator, Mary Basham (email@example.com), for further help.
In the Stevenson Center, Information Technology (IT) and Quinn Library Services are available to you this fall. Our full IT staff is on campus Monday through Friday and our IT Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be available 8 am to 6 pm Monday through Thursday and on Friday 8 am to 5 pm. For more information on IT services please click this.
Brandi Weaver (email@example.com), Manager of Library Services, will be in-person from 10 am to 2 pm and will offer library assistance remotely outside of those hours. You can chat with Brandi via the Microsoft Teams app during library hours Monday through Friday and find more information regarding Quinn Library services via this link.
You can count on your instructors to continue be available through office hours to provide academic support. Most of our faculty will be conducting office hours remotely, but there will be some faculty that will be holding a few offices hours in-person by appointment. So, be sure to check the course syllabus to determine your instructor’s availability.
For additional academic support, please check out this website for tutoring services. The Chillicothe campus will have remote tutoring options available from OUC’s Student Success Center for your mathematics and writing needs:
- Quick questions: Pop in during open hours, available through Microsoft Teams Monday through Thursday, from 12 pm to 1 pm and 6 pm to 7pm: MATH OPEN
- Individual appointment: Schedule an individualized appointment at MATH APPT.
- All tutors can assist with MATH D003, D004, D005, 1200, and 1300. Tutoring is also available at select times for Math 1090, 1101/1102, 1350, 2301, and 2500.
- Other needs or questions: Contact Kimber Lang, OHIO Chillicothe Math Center Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Quick questions: Pop in during open hours, available through TEAMS Monday through Thursday, from 12 pm to 1 pm and 6 pm to 7 pm: WRITING OPEN
- Individual appointment: Schedule an individualized appointment at WRITING APPT
- Other needs or questions: Contact Debra Nickles, OHIO Chillicothe Writing Center Director (email@example.com)
Beyond mathematics and writing, tutoring services for other disciplines can be found by contacting the Academic Achievement Center on the Athens campus via this link.
Lastly, I want to share that the Dean’s office will be open for in-person assistance on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8 am to 5 pm this fall semester. Please contact Ann Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740.774.7239 for Dean’s office help and for OHIO’s laptop loan program.
The last five months have been interesting to say the least, but we will get through this together. For both our new and returning students, we welcome you to Fall 2020 and cannot wait to see those of you who will be on campus. Let us know how we can help you have the most rewarding educational experience this fall semester.
Be safe Bobcats!
Dywayne Nicely, PhD