Students from all disciplines will be considered for admission into the MSES program. Some students may need to take additional coursework as a prerequisite to their chosen program of graduate study.
The test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for applicants whose native language is not English (600 on TOEFL or 250 on computer graded test). Graduate Writing Exam (GWE) scores of 50 or better are highly recommended. Scores on standardized tests such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are required.
Deadlines for applying are February 1 for fall semester.
*To be considered for financial aid, submit your application by February 1 of the academic year preceding admission.
To apply to the Environmental Studies program use the online application.
Required for your application to the Environmental Studies program:
- A letter of intent detailing your proposed topics of study within OU's applied learning experience. Connect your proposed topics with your academic background, skills, and relevant work experience. This letter of intent is also evaluated as an illustrative writing sample.
- A personal interview or electronic correspondence is desirable but not required.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Undergraduate transcripts.
- List three Ohio University faculty members whose classes or research connect most directly to your intended areas of study.(faculty)
- Scores on standardized tests such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are required. You can find information about the exam and register to take it here. For testing directions and locations, see here.
- Taking the GRE overseas? See here for information.
These files can be uploaded directly to your online application.