PhD Program – Hearing Science or Speech-Language Science
- A minimum of 100 semester hours of graduate work is necessary to complete the Ph.D. degree.
- A grade of C (2.0) or better for any course is necessary for the course to count toward degree requirements.
- Consistent with University policies, all doctoral students must maintain a B (3.0) or better grade point average on a continuing basis.
- Passing of the preliminary examination, first-year project requirements, comprehensive examinations, annual evaluations, and all courses in the approved program of study, and successful proposal, defense and submission of the dissertation are required for the doctoral degree.
To be considered for Ph.D. study, applicants must submit the following:
- An Ohio University application form.
- All past academic transcripts.
- Three letters of recommendation (including at least one from the student's master's degree program, if applicable).
- Official Score Report from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- A two- or three-page narrative detailing previous experience and long- and short-term career objectives.
- International applicants must additionally submit an English proficiency score (TOEFL or IELTS) and a CD sample of spoken English.
Links & Downloads