40.027: Personal Leave for Administrative Employees
|Re-formatted on June 27, 2016|
Approved on May 20, 2008
|Signatures and dates
on archival copy
|James E. Kemper|
Associate Vice President for Finance and Administration for Human Resources
The Ohio University
Executive Vice President and Provost
|Roderick J. McDavis|
Date of Approval
Following Last Full Review:
|October 28, 2002||
- A. Overview
This policy allows eligible administrative employees to convert three sick leave days to personal leave days each fiscal year. These personal leave days would provide administrative employees time which could be utilized to conduct personal business or deal with family matters that may need to be carried out during regular working hours.
- B. Eligibility
- Full-time and part-time administrative employees who accrue sick leave.
- A full-time employee, or a part-time employee who is more than 0.5 FTE, must have accrued fifteen days of sick leave as of the beginning of the fiscal year to be eligible to convert sick leave to personal leave.
- A part-time employee (less than or equal to 0.5 FTE) must have accrued 7.5 days of sick leave as of the beginning of the fiscal year to be eligible to convert sick leave to personal leave.
- C. Process
- Each July first, full-time administrative employees, and part-time administrative employees who are more than 0.5 FTE, with a minimum of fifteen days accrued sick leave, and part-time administrative employees who are 0.5 FTE or less, with a minimum of 7.5 days accrued sick leave, will be eligible to use three days of personal leave.
- Employees who use personal leave time will use the online absence management system to report that use.
- Personal leave may be used in minimum units of one hour.
Proposed revisions of this policy should be reviewed by:
- Payroll Manager
- Administrative Senate
- Forms, References, and History
- 1. Forms
The following forms are specific to this policy:
- The online absence management system is available within the "My Personal Information" system, which is linked from https://www.ohio.edu/hr/current/.
- 2. References
The following items are relevant to this policy:
- Policy 40.028, "Personal Days for Classified Civil Service Employees."
- Policy 40.029, "Sick Leave for Faculty and Administrative Personnel."
- Policy 41.001, "Vacation for 12-Month Administrative Presidential Appointees."
- 3. History
Draft versions of this policy that were circulated for review, their cover memos, their forms, and Reviewers' comments on them are available on the password-protected Review site, at https://www.ohio.edu/policy2/40-027/.
Prior versions of this policy were approved on:
- May 20, 2008 (accelerated review)
- October 28, 2002
- July 5, 2001