September 17, 2012
Ohio University will welcome family and friends to campus Sept. 21-23 for Fall Parents Weekend.
Here are some of the events planned for the weekend:
• There will be a Parents Weekend Golf Outing at 9 a.m. Saturday morning at the Ohio University Golf Course. The cost to participate in the 9-hole scramble is $35, which includes green fees, a golf cart and a catered lunch from Miller's Chicken. Raffles and competitive hole prizes will be awarded.
• At 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, watch the OHIO Football Team battle the Norfolk State Spartans in Peden Stadium. Kickoff is at 2 p.m. Students receive one free ticket; all other tickets are $30. For ticket and seating information, visit ohiobobcats.com/tickets/.
• Enjoy dinner and a show with the family by attending Parents Weekend Dinner Theatre at the Baker University Center Ballroom on Friday, Sept. 21, at 7 p.m. It's a great night out and a perfect way to begin the weekend. All tickets are $15 and include dinner and show.
• Don't miss the special performance of "America's Got Talent" winner Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. at the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 21. The Logan, W.Va., native was awarded the show's top prize after a string of impressive performances of Rat Pack favorites like Dean Martin's "Ain't That a Kick in the Head?" and Frank Sinatra's "My Way."
• From the company that launched the careers of Tina Fey, Stephen Colbert, Steve Carell and more, America's famed comedy troupe, The Second City, is coming to Ohio University's Memorial Auditorium at 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, with its "Laugh Out Loud Tour." All tickets are $19.
For a full list of events, additional ticket information and the dates of this year's other family weekends, visit http://www.ohio.edu/parents/familyweekends/02.cfm.
Ohio University named to list of greenest American universities The Post | Aug 17
Sierra Club names OU the 93rd greenest school in survey Athens News | Aug 17