Review and Standards Committee: Student Code of Conduct
Charge and Membership
This Committee advises the Vice President for Student Affairs on the University Judicial System and Student Code of Conduct. The Committee periodically reviews goals of educational discipline and effectiveness of disciplinary sanctions, advises on appointments of hearing and grievance boards, and recommends changes in the Code of Conduct and University Judicial Policies and Procedures. Further, it maintains responsibility for developing detailed procedures to be followed in the hearing process.
The Committee reports through the Director of Judiciaries to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
• 1 – Upperclass or Graduate Student residing in a residence hall
• 1 – Undergraduate Member of Hearing Board
• 1 – Chairperson of Students Defending Students or Designee
• 1 – President of Student Senate or Designee
• 1 – President of Graduate Student Senate or Designee
• Representative of the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
• General Counsel of Legal Affairs or designee
• Director of Community Standards and Student Responsibility
• Director of Housing and Residence Life or designee
Assistant Dean of Students
Director of Residence Life Operations
Deputy General Counsel
All University committees follow the academic-year calendar.
All students serve one-year terms. Faculty, administrators, and staff generally serve three-year terms. Ex-Officio appointments have voting privileges unless otherwise noted.