Post Publishing Board
Charge and Membership
The role of the Post Publishing Board is to assist The Post in its efforts to help meet the university community's communication needs and to provide maximum opportunity for educational journalistic experience. The Board appoints the editor, business manager, and assistant business manager of The Post. The Board approves the annual budget, submits it to the Vice President for Student Affairs, and supervises financial procedures and operations. The Board hears complaints not satisfactorily handled by the editor.
Recognizing the desirability and necessity of a free press on the Ohio University campus, the Board acknowledges that its responsibility regarding the content of The Post is advisory and includes:
- consulting with The Post editors in the development of a set of specific written internal policies which will serve as guidelines for making day-to-day editorial decisions and as orientation for new staff personnel;
- consulting with the editors to assure such policies are followed consistently;
- consulting with the editors to assure that personnel understand and abide by such generally accepted ethical responsibilities as those stated in the Code of Ethics of the Society of Professional Journalists, Sigma Delta Chi;
- consulting with the editors to assure maximum factual accuracy in The Post;
- providing periodic critiques of both general journalistic quality and specific content of The Post; and
- making suggestions for additional coverage.
The Board reports to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Associate Professor, Journalism
Chelsa Morahan (2021)
Assistant Director, Patron Services
Post Publishing Board (2022)
Wendy Rogers (2020)
First-Year Programming Coordinator
Post Publishing Board (2021)
Editor, The Post
Treasurer, Classified Senate
Post Publishing Board (2020)
All University committees follow the academic-year calendar.
All students serve one-year terms. Faculty, administrators, and staff generally serve three-year terms. Ex-Officio appointments have voting privileges unless otherwise noted.