RIDGES ADVISORY COMMITTEE
As outlined in Substitute House Bill 59, The Ridges Advisory Committee, establisted with members representing Ohio University, the City of Athens, and community members, is charged with periodically reviewing the comprehensive land use plans for The Ridges and the university’s progress toward its implementation. Recommendations are then reported to Ohio University's President for review and approval.
The Ridges Advisory Committee was renewed in the Fall of 2016 by Ohio House Bill 471, through December 31st, 2020.
Sunset Review Committee Testimony - May 7, 2016
Ridges Advisory Committee Recommendation Letter - September 28,2015
- Deborah Shaffer, Ohio University Vice President of Finance and Administration, Chair (Ohio University President designee)
- Andy Stone, Athens Director of Public Works and City Engineer (City of Athens Mayor designee)
- Lenny Eliason, Athens County Commissioner
- Christine Knisely, Athens City Council President
- Pam Callahan, Community member
- Tom O'Grady, Southeast Ohio History Center Executive Director