Be Safe Bobcats – Coronavirus Response
As we begin to transition, with care and caution, from a time of reduced density on campus to a robust, activity-filled fall semester, Ohio University continues to be focused on delivering the best possible student experience and on protecting the health of our students, faculty, staff and communities.
Wherever possible, OHIO plans to resume normal operations for the Fall 2021 semester. To ensure we stay on track toward that goal, every member of our University community must do their part. With that in mind, we have implemented a host of strategies to help reduce spread of COVID-19, and we continue to update those strategies and protocols as we emerge from the pandemic. Here you’ll find everything you need to know about how you can help us keep your University healthy and safe.
What You Need to Know
- Given the current trends and public health information, Ohio University is planning toward predominantly normal operations for Fall 2021. Find the latest updates on our Fall Planning page.
- For Summer and Fall 2021 Semesters, OHIO students, faculty, and staff will participate in asymptomatic COVID-19 testing through the Testing Pathway Program. Individuals will test more or less frequently based on vaccination status. Ohio University encourages students, faculty, and staff to get vaccinated against COVID-19, but it is not required.
- Facial coverings are required on all of our Ohio University campuses, and multiple safety measures remain in place to protect the health of our University community. Those protocols will remain in place until we have reached thresholds put in place by our COVID Operations team – 70 percent of our students vaccinated and a ratio below 50 cases per 100,000.
- OHIO has expanded visits for prospective students and families through innovative planning in partnership with public health leaders.
- Ohio University regularly updates testing, quarantine and isolation data on our COVID Data Dashboard.
Doing Our Part: Keeping Bobcats Safe
Feeling Fine but Want a COVID Test?
Any OHIO employee or student who is not experiencing symptoms but would like an asymptomatic test can use this online scheduler to schedule a test on the Athens campus at the Vault Health testing location at the Ohio University Golf and Tennis center. Submit this form if you're on a regional campus and would like to request a Vault at-home test.
COVID-19 Vaccine Response
Browse the most recent OHIO News coverage related to the Coronavirus pandemic, as well as student and faculty communications, and official national pandemic resources.