Scripps College of Communication
Widely recognized as one of the top communication colleges in the nation and honored as a Center of Excellence in the state of Ohio by the Ohio Board of Regents, the Scripps College of Communication prepares students to be effective communicators in a dynamic, interconnected global landscape. While the rest of the world wrings its hands about the future of communication, we are busy shaping it. We’re not waiting to react to the paradigm shift happening around us—we’re leading the way.
We believe that the future lives in our students and faculty members, whose research and creative activity help us navigate and understand the changing communication landscape. You can stand with us as we focus on becoming the nation’s communication education leader and produce all-around communicators who will lead the communication industry.
With your support, we seek to attract the most promising aspiring communication students, encourage faculty excellence, and implement state-of-the-art approaches to communication education.
Because we believe you should be able to support what matters most to you, you can designate your gift to any area you desire. We have several exciting current initiatives that will benefit from your generosity:
- Expanding undergraduate scholarships that provide access and opportunity, particularly for first-generation college students;
- Enhancing fellowships and teaching awards at the graduate level to recruit the brightest communications leaders of tomorrow;
- Creating five endowed chairs and professorships – one for each of our five schools – because the best teachers and researchers inevitably attract the most promising students;
- Establishing a Visiting Professionals program to bring renowned communication professionals to the College;
- Supporting a Schoonover Center Endowment Fund that will enable our Center to rival any communication facility in the country;
- Acquiring new equipment and upgrading existing technologies through a College-Wide Technology Support Fund to put the most recent technological advancements and abilities in every communication classroom.
With a $7.5M lead gift from Steve and Barbara Schoonover, we are well on our way to breaking ground on our new building – The Schoonover Center for Communication. The building will house all faculty and students of the College’s units and will create an environment of collaboration and convergence as students from all disciplines learn from one another.
Your gift – no matter the amount –makes a huge difference at Scripps. From scholarships and named professorships, to technology funding and the realization of an integrated communication facility, your support is essential.
To make an immediate gift to the Scripps College online using your credit or debit card, please visit www.ohio.edu/give
To mail a gift, please make your check payable to The Ohio University Foundation. If you wish to designate your gift to a certain area, please write that in the memo line of the check.
The mailing address is:
The Ohio University Foundation
PO Box 869
Athens, OH 45701-0869
If you prefer to make your gift over the phone, have questions about giving to the Scripps College, or would like to discuss other giving opportunities, please contact:
Senior Director of Development, Scripps College of Communication
Schoonover Center 119