College of Arts and Sciences
As the largest college on OHIO’s campus, we provide the instructional foundation for the entire University. With 18 departments ranging from the humanities and social sciences to mathematics and hard sciences, we offer disciplinary depth and breadth of learning to nearly one quarter of the University’s undergraduate majors. Every student at OHIO – no matter their program or major – takes courses in College of Arts and Sciences.
While we continually work to improve the educational experience for our students, our margin of excellence depends on the private support of you – our alumni and friends. Your gift helps increase student financial aid, enhance faculty and student research opportunities, and enhance the Bobcat student experience.
With your support, we seek to engage more students in leadership opportunities, encourage faculty excellence and implement state-of-the-art approaches to education.
We believe that you should be able to support what matters most to you, so you can designate your gift to any area you desire. We have several exciting current initiatives that will benefit from your generosity:
- Enhancing undergraduate student scholarships;
- Providing more competitive graduate stipends and teaching awards;
- Encouraging student conference attendance, service-learning opportunities and research endeavors through a student activities fund;
- Increasing our endowed chairs and professorships;
- Supporting faculty development to spark innovation in teaching, research and scholarship;
- Acquiring new equipment and upgrading existing technologies including a Doppler radar for Meteorology students, GPS units for Geography students and digital language equipment for Modern Languages students.
If you are interesting in donating to specific department within the College of Arts & Sciences, please visit:
- African American Studies: https://www.ohio.edu/cas/aas/about/giving.cfm
- Classics & World Religions: https://www.ohio.edu/cas/classics/about/giving.cfm
- Economics: https://www.ohio.edu/cas/economics/about/giving-opportunities.cfm
- English: https://www.ohio.edu/cas/english/about/giving.cfm
- Environmental & Plant Biology: https://www.ohio.edu/cas/plantbio/about/giving-opportunities.cfm
- Geological Sciences: https://www.ohio.edu/cas/geology/about/giving.cfm
- History: https://www.ohio.edu/cas/history/about/giving.cfm
- Physics & Astronomy: https://www.ohio.edu/cas/physastro/about/giving.cfm
- Political Science: https://www.ohio.edu/cas/pols/about/giving.cfm
- Psychology: https://www.ohio.edu/cas/psychology/about/giving.cfm
- Sociology & Anthropology: https://www.ohio.edu/cas/socanth/about/giving.cfm
- Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies: https://www.ohio.edu/cas/wgss/about/giving.cfm
With your help, we have been able to attract and retain an eminent faculty and help bring the cost of a college education within reach for countless incoming students.
Your support enables us to stand with OHIO in its quest to become one of the most important universities in the nation. Your gift – no matter the amount – makes a huge difference in the lives of our students.
To make an immediate gift to the College of Arts and Sciences online using your credit or debit card, please visit www.ohio.edu/give
To mail a gift, please make your check payable to The Ohio University Foundation. If you wish to designate your gift to a certain area, please write that in the memo line of the check.
The mailing address is:
The Ohio University Foundation
PO Box 869
Athens, OH 45701-0869
If you prefer to make your gift over the phone, have questions about giving to the College of Arts and Sciences, or would like to discuss other giving opportunities, please contact:
Senior Director of Development, College of Arts & Sciences