Engineering Technology and Management graduates get jobs. An annual department survey shows that alumni go to work for large international companies as well as for small companies. Commonly reported job titles include manufacturing engineer, project engineer, quality engineer, application engineer, production supervisor, and technical sales representative. The average starting salary for 2007-08 graduates was $44,678 with a range of $35,000 to $54,000.
Typical job functions include analyzing and defining work processes, helping to develop prototype parts, designing fixtures and special machine setups, supervising facility modifications and maintenance, conducting tests of parts and products, and supervising quality assurance programs and production operations.
- Industrial Technology at Ohio University Bulletin
- IT at OU 2008-2009 - download PDF
- IT at OU 2007-2008 - download PDF
- IT at OU 2006-2007 - download PDF
- Program of study
- Students starting at OU after September 2008 - download PDF
- Students starting at OU prior to September 2008 - download PDF