Summer Service Corps
Earn $5600 by helping the Athens Community
The Summer Service Corps is an opportunity to earn money for college through the Federal Work-Study program. Ohio University undergraduates and graduate students (who will be enrolled in the fall) can work full time for a community organization in Athens for 14 weeks this summer - and earn $10.00 per hour. Most positions are 40 hours per week.
The following information describes participating agencies, student eligibility and how to apply. If you are interested, fill out the forms and return them as soon as possible to the Campus Involvement Center, 339 Baker University Center.
- After verifying your financial eligibility through Financial Aid, we will send your application to the organizations you have indicated.
- Once the organization receives your application, they will determine whether or not to contact you for an interview.
- Once you are hired by an organization, have them send in a hiring report to the Campus Involvement Center. They can either mail it to 339 Baker University Center, fax it to 740-593-0223, or send it as an email attachment to email@example.com
- All new hires who have not had a work study job within the previous term are required to stop by the Campus Involvement Center within 3 business days of being hired to fill out your I-9 and other paperwork. Failure to fill out this paperwork will result in your paycheck being delayed or withheld.
Who is eligible?
- Have submitted your 2013-2014 FAFSA.
- Plan on being enrolled at Ohio University for the academic year 2013-2014.
- Your calculated financial need is at least $4760 after Federal Pell Grant, Ohio College Opportunity Grant and Scholarships (if applicable).
- Willing to let your summer earnings count as a resource when the remainder of your 2013-2014 financial aid package is calculated.
April 22nd - May 3rd
Work on projects
May 13th - August 16th
For more information please go to the Campus Involvement Center at http://www.ohio.edu/involvement/communityservice/