Apr 20, 2012
By Lexi Messenger
Spring at Ohio University means sunny skies, a beautiful campus, crowded volleyball courts and of course – Moms Weekend.
This special weekend is one of the most popular family weekends, highly anticipated by both moms and students. With a schedule of events including fashion, golf and music, everyone will find an activity perfect for bonding with mom.
Give mom a call and check out the special Moms Weekend events below:
• Watch OHIO Softball as they challenge the Buffalo Bulls in a double-header on Friday, May 4, at the OHIO Softball Field. The first game starts at 1 p.m. followed by the second game at 3 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the gate.
• Cheer on OHIO Baseball against MAC rival Kent State on Friday, May 4, at Bob Wren Stadium. The game starts at 6 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the gate.
• Check out the Moms Murder Mystery Dinner Theater and treat your mom to dinner and a show. The event starts at 7 p.m., Friday, May 4, in Baker University Center Ballroom. All tickets are $15.
• Join the Ohio University African Ensemble as they present AZA! African Dance and Music Concert. The concert focuses on traditional and contemporary African music and dance and features a special guest performance by Zab Maboungou. The event is free to Ohio University students. Tickets are $12 for general admission and $9 for non-OHIO students and senior citizens.
• On Saturday, May 5, UPC presents the 12th Annual Moms Walk for the Cure at 9 a.m. Beginning at Ping Center, participants will walk around campus to raise money for the Susan G. Komen foundation for breast cancer research. Registration is $15 and includes a T-shirt.
• Check out the annual Moms Weekend Fashion Show at 1 p.m., Saturday, May 5, featuring local styles from more than 15 retailers around Athens. This year's theme is "Inspired by Audrey" from Breakfast at Tiffany's. Arrive for the raffle at noon featuring more than 50 donated items from retailers.
• Take your mom out to the Ohio University Golf Course and join the Moms Weekend 9-Hole Golf Scramble at 4 p.m. Saturday, May 5. The entry fee per pair is $60 and includes greens fees, cart, dinner and a gift bag. Register now online.
• On Saturday, May 5, the Singing Men of Ohio, the University Singers and the Ohio Women's Chorale are hosting their annual Moms Weekend Concert. This Moms Weekend favorite starts at 2 p.m. in Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium. Admission is free.
• Stop by the Zipline Extravaganza at the Ridges on Sunday, May 6, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. This popular event features a 300-foot zip line. The $20 registration fee includes transportation from Ping Center to the Ridges, as well as equipment, instruction and water.
This year's Moms Weekend features many more events throughout the weekend. See the complete list here.