Nov 29, 2011
By Todd Stone
Ohio University will host its first "RCM Day of Learning" in Walter Hall and Grover Center on Friday, Dec. 9.
The purpose of this day of learning is to engage deans, budget managers, chairs, directors, faculty and staff in a discussion of Responsibility Centered Management (RCM) with the benefit of an expert panel whose members have both implemented RCM and worked in an RCM environment.
Distinguished guests for this first in a series of RCM learning events include:
• John Curry, Huron Consulting Group, formerly executive vice president at MIT
• Pat Harker, president, University of Delaware
• Scott Douglas, executive vice president and treasurer, University of Delaware
• Martha Pollack, vice provost for academic and budgetary affairs, professor of information, and professor of computer science and engineering, University of Michigan
• Aimee Heeter, budget director, Indiana University
• Doug Priest, associate professor, School of Education, and senior associate vice president for finance, Indiana University
Curry will present a keynote address at 10 a.m. in Walter Hall Rotunda. Following introductions, the guests will conduct an hour-long open panel discussion on their RCM transition experience. The opening remarks and panel discussion are open to the public.
By-invitation afternoon breakout sessions are scheduled on specific topics and invitees to those sessions are encouraged to attend the morning sessions as well.
For those unable to attend, the RCM Day of Learning will be streamed live online. You can view it here.