Annual Leadership Awards Gala is Wednesday
May 16, 2011
From staff reports
Ohio University's most outstanding student leaders will be recognized during the 28th annual Leadership Awards Gala at 6 p.m. Wednesday, at the Baker University Center Ballroom.
The Leadership Recognition Reception was established in 1983 to recognize the outstanding work of individuals and student organizations on the Ohio University campus and its surrounding community.
Faculty and staff across campus review applications and nominations for several categories, including:
- The Edwin L. Kennedy Leadership Awards for Outstanding Community Service (presented to an individual and an organization)King/Chavez/Parks Leadership Award (individual)
- Latino Heritage Achievement Award (individual)
- Outstanding Graduate Student Leader Awards (individual)
- Outstanding Senior Leader Awards (individuals)
- The Rudy Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Student Leadership (individual)
- The Stonewall Leadership Award (individual)
- Women's Issues Leadership Awards (individual)
- Charles J. Ping International Student Leadership Award (individual)
- Outstanding Student Organization Programming Awards (organizations; spring, winter,fall)
Finalists are notified ahead of time. Recipients will not be notified before the event.
For more information, click here.