Meet June Classified Employee of the Month Natasha Hutchison
Jul 23, 2010
Outlook features a Q&A with the non-bargaining Classified Employee of the Month. Each month, Classified Senate selects an employee to acknowledge and recognize as someone who is setting high standards for excellence and innovation. The monthly Outlook feature, titled "Great Job," will provide a glimpse into the honoree's life at and away from work.
Q&A with Natasha Hutchison, documents specialist in the Office of the Registrar:
1. How surprised were you to win the Employee of the Month award?
I was very shocked. I was not expecting it at all. The scheduling staff was having our weekly meeting and someone came in and asked to speak to Natasha Hutchison. I knew it was something serious when they used my given name and not my nickname of Tasha.
2. What is your job title and how long have you worked it?
I am a documents specialist in the Registrar's Office. I have been in this position since November 2007.
3. How long have you worked at OU?
I have worked at the university for 2 1/2 years.
4. What are the coolest things about your job?
Working with the student organizations trying to reserve classroom spaces for their meetings. Also talking with other departments across campus to work out their quarterly schedule.
5. What is your hometown?
I am originally from Reynoldsburg, Ohio.
6. What does working at the university mean to you?
I like working with the student organizations trying to reserve classroom spaces for their meetings.I also enjoy talking with other departments across campus to work out their quarterly schedule.
7. What are your long-term goals?
I don't have long-term goals. I try to live like the Jake Owen song, "Green Bananas," I live one day at a time, but each day to its fullest.
8. What was the last good book you read?
"Breaking Dawn" from the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer. I'm Team Edward.
9. If you weren't in your present job, you would probably be working as --.
a nanny to my two-year-old niece Allison and my 8-month-old niece Cheyenne. Why? So my sister and sister-in-law can go back to school.
10. What are the most important to you in life?
God, family and friends are most important.
11. What are your plans for this summer?
No vacation this summer, but a big family beach vacation is planned for next summer. This summer will be spent with my family on the weekends doing something fun.
12. What do you do to relax outside work?
I enjoy reading, watching movies and scrapbooking.
13. What is something that most people don't know about you?
I have a tattoo and I can touch my nose with my tongue.
14. What are your favorite TV shows?
NASCAR, NHL (Pittsburgh Penguins), NFL (Pittsburgh Steelers), Biggest Loser, and CSI.