Several naming opportunities exist including:
- Academic Programs: Your gift can name a college, school, department, center, institute or special dean's fund. The endowments established by these gifts provide a margin of excellence for the programs they support.
- Endowments: Just like a savings account, endowment funds generate income from the principal investment. Endowments create the foundation upon which universities build lasting financial strength and ensure academic quality. Once in place, endowments provide permanent support for teaching and research, student aid, and an abundance of other academic programs and activities.These dollars can support scholarships, equipment and software upgrades, student research, and more. Distribution of funds will be subject to a specific set of guidelines formulated by The Ohio University Foundation in conjunction with you, the donor.
- Facilities: Some gifts last a lifetime, while others last forever. Naming a building, laboratory or other available space is a remarkable way to leave your legacy at Ohio University. Gifts of that support facilities allow us to offer up-to-date environments for teaching, learning, community life, recreation and spiritual growth.
- Faculty Support: Faculty support provides competitive compensation that supports recruitment and retention of faculty since the prestigious rank adds not only a salary supplement via carefully managed endowment earnings, but also discretionary funds.
- Scholarships, prizes and awards: Scholarship incentives often play a crucial role as students make decisions about where to attend college and what major to pursue. Prizes and awards allow Ohio University to recognize outstanding work by undergraduate and graduate students. Your gift to scholarships, prizes, and awards will support the University's most precious resource: its students.
The financial requirements for naming opportunities differ, so donors are encouraged to discuss their ideas with a staff member from the Office of Development.
For information on OHIO's naming policy or establishing an endowment, please contact us via phone 800.592.3863, email, or by using our web form.
Thank you for your interest in supporting The Promise of Ohio University!