Make a Gift
Supporting students impacted by coronavirus outbreak
As we face the uncertainty of the days, weeks, and months ahead, we are sure of one thing at Ohio University: Bobcats take care. We take care of each other, our loved ones, our communities, and our world.
We also know that some of our most vulnerable Bobcat students will be challenged to afford housing, transportation, and basic needs as a result of necessary COVID-19 protections.
A gift to the COVID-19 Ohio University Student Emergency Fund will help students who are facing immediate financial hardships. These funds will support our most affected Bobcats at every OHIO campus. Click here to give now.
Through this fund, OHIO will be making COVID-19 Student Emergency Microgrants available to help students who are experiencing financial difficulty due to COVID-19 and COVID-19 response measures. Your support will help alleviate the short-term financial needs of students across all of OHIO’s campuses. The fund will be managed by the Office of the President in collaboration with the Office of the Provost, the Executive Dean of Regional Higher Education, the Dean of Students Office, and the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Generous donors like you will sustain the COVID-19 Ohio University Student Support Fund, and the grants awarded do not need to be repaid.
Grants will not typically exceed $500 and are specific to the identified need. Generally, grants can only be awarded once per academic year.
What your support for COVID-19 Microgrants will cover:
- Technology and connectivity needs related to distance learning
- Books and other instructional expenses
- Tuition and instructional fees (for students with balances of $1,000 or less)
- Personal Automobile/Travel
- Medical/Dental bills (cannot cover outstanding balances)
- Other emergency or unforeseen circumstances
Thank you for supporting Ohio University's students and for making sure that they have the resources they need to be safe and well. #BobcatsTakeCare
Thank you for supporting Ohio University. Your investment will help students reach their potential.
*Effective January 1, 2020 the Unrestricted Gift rule directs 5% of gifts to most non-endowed accounts to the Fund for OHIO, an account within the Foundation that supports University Advancement operations and programming. Click here for more information.
Please contact the Office of Annual Giving at 800.592.3863 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prefer to send your gift by postal mail? Send your check, payable to The Ohio University Foundation (be sure to write the designation in the "notes" section), to:
The Ohio University Foundation
P.O. Box 869
Athens, OH 45701
- Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Ohio University Foundation whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same Amazon Prime benefits.
- Support Ohio University by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com.