This Committee fulfills two roles:
1. Preserving and enhancing the physical environment at Ohio University
2. Promoting energy conservation on the campus and in the lifestyle of Ohio University faculty, students and staff.
The Committee may review and make recommendations on:
1. Needed or proposed significant changes in the physical appearance of the Athens campus and the regional campuses, including the removal and/or planting of trees, shrubbery and grassy areas, and the construction of new roads, paths, fences, parking lots and new construction or remodeled physical structures;
2. Needed or proposed regulations concerning air, water, energy, solid waste, pesticide, noise polution and recycling;
3. needed or proposed policies and practices relating to energy consumption and conservation.
The Committee strives to bring to the attention of the University community those activityies that will enhance the environment and achieve energy savings and low-energy living.
The Ecology and Energy Conservation Committee makes its recommendations for policy and actions to the Vice President for Administration.
Faculty : 4 Voting
Students : 3 Voting (1 Graduate Student, 2 Undergraduate Students, one of whom lives in residence hall)
Administrative : 6 Voting (1 At Large, 1 Rep. of Grounds Maintenance, 1 Rep. of Facilities Planning, 1 Rep. of Energy Management, 1 Rep. of Env. Health and Safety, 1 Rep. of Campus Recycling and Refuse)
Classified : 1 Voting
Total : 15 Total (Including One Voting Community Member)
Steve Scanlan ‘13, Chairperson firstname.lastname@example.org
Hogan Sherrow ’15 (Sociology & Anthropology) email@example.com
Ana Rosado Feger, '15 (COB) firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Rosser '14 (English) email@example.com
Teresa Nelson ‘12
Paul Logue ’15
Henry Woods '14 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ex Officio Voting Members
Environmental Health and Safety, Cliff Hamilton, Designee
Energy Management, Scott Miller, Designee
Campus Recycling and Refuse, Edward Newman, Designee
Facilities Planning, Mark Whitney, Designee
Energy Management, Annie Laurie Cadmus, Designee
HR, Teri Combs, Designee
Grounds Maintenance, Awaiting Designee