The Office of the Vice President for Research and Creative Activity offers several internal award programs throughout the year to support the research, scholarship and creative activity of students:
- Ohio University Undergraduate Conference Travel Fund: Small awards of up to $500 for travel assistance for undergraduate students presenting their work at conference and other venues for presentation. Deadline is open. Questions? Roxanne Male'-Brune,740.597.1227, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Fund: This program can provide up to $1,500 toward travel, supplies or other costs incurred to perform original research, scholarship or creative activities. Deadline is open. Questions? Roxanne Male'-Brune,740.597.1227, email@example.com
- Graduate Student Senate / Grant for Original Work: Competitive awards to graduate students to conduct original research, scholarship or creative work. Maximum award is $750. For details and deadlines, visit www.ohio.edu/gss/grants/.
- 1804 Fund: The 1804 Fund promotes collaboration among units and focuses its support through two categories:
- Undergraduate Learning: Curricular innovations, programs and activities that enhance the undergraduate educational experience
- Faculty Research and Graduate Studies: Research, scholarly activities and innovations in graduate education
The deadline for preliminary discussions with the Dean of University College or the Vice President for Research and Creative Activity is Feb. 15, 2013. Proposals are due Mar. 15, 2013.
To learn more about these funding opportunities, visit www.ohio.edu/research/Funding.cfm or www.ohio.edu/gss/grants/.