About the Department
The Department of Social and Public Health provides students with the lifelong ability to seek and acquire information and transform this knowledge into responsible action within the environmental, public health,and health-care communities. This mission recognizes that the education of students through the critical thinking process is our highest priority. The Department of Social and Public Health is committed to:
- The provision of quality education to our students in the environmental, public health and health sciences professions through the critical thinking process.
- The contribution of knowledge in the environmental, public health and health sciences professions.
- The personal and professional growth of both students and faculty through support of academic development, scholarly activities and community service.
- The integration of classroom activities, research and practical experiences in professional settings.
- The involvement and participation in Community Outreach services. Research and scholarly endeavors as means of contributing to the body of knowledge in the environmental, public health and health sciences professions.
- The provision of a healthy learning atmosphere for students, and a professionally stimulating work environment for faculty and staff.
- The support of activities for community development as well as professional needs.
- Showing mutual respect and concern for one another, the University, the community, and professionals in the health and health-related fields.
- Acknowledging and embracing cultural and ethnic diversity among students, faculty and staff.