The mission of the Ohio University Master of Physician Assistant Practice Program is to prepare students to be leaders in physician assistant practice in any clinical setting with a particular emphasis on primary care in urban and rural underserved communities in the state of Ohio and throughout Appalachia using an interprofessional team a
- Matriculate a diverse student body with a commitment to professional and community service.
- Educate physician assistants who effectively practice evidence-based, patient-centered healthcare in medically underserved communities.
- Develop compassionate, culturally aware physician assistants who demonstrate ethical and professional behaviors both personally and professionally.
- Prepare physician assistants who function as productive members of the healthcare team.
- Mentor physician assistants who will take leadership roles within their organizations and profession.
- Encourage students to seek careers in primary care specialties.
- Instill an understanding of the physician assistant’s responsibility in lifelong personal and professional development.