Ohio University - HomeApply Online Now!
Search
Ohio.edu Sites
Name Directory

Athens Campus Map and Tour
Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map

Back  Tour  Next

Armbruster House


Location and Current Use

Armbruster House is located in the South Green, at coordinates K-6 on the campus map. It is marked as # 129 on the map.

Armbruster House is a residence hall.

Residence Services provides more detailed information online.


History of Building

Armbruster House was built in 1970 and used as a residence hall for students. It was originally known as South Green building number 8.


Adolph Henry Armbruster

Armbruster House was named in honor of Adolph Henry Armbruster. A native of Auburn NY, he was educated at Western Reserve University, Harvard University and University of PIttsburg. He was a director of the School of Commerce and Professor of Finance at Ohio University. He was instrumental in establishing, a nationally recognized business college. The College was voted full membership into the national accrediting organization for business schools one year before his death. Armbruster established Beta Gamma Sigma, the honorary fraternity within the College of Commerce.


Back  Tour  Next

Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map


Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/armbruster.html) on September 29, 2014.
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-1000
webteam@ohio.edu
Copyright © 2014 Ohio University.
 All Rights Reserved.