Aug 1, 2013
By George Mauzy
To continually improve the look and content of Compass, University Communications and Marketing will release an aesthetically new version of the email news source on Aug. 8.
The new email format is designed to look similar to the Compass website, with some notable changes, including:
• A featured story at the top of the page accompanied by a large photo
• Story categories with a small photo accompanying the top story in each category
• Brief descriptions of each story under the headline
• Responsive design that makes the email more compatible with mobile devices
• A featured events section with links to highlighted events
• Access to OHIO’s social media sites
• Links to the student, faculty and staff senates websites
"Overall, the new Compass email will be more visually appealing, easier to navigate, and more user-friendly,” said Executive Director of Communications and Marketing Renea Morris. "Many of these improvements are based on feedback we've received through surveys or individual readers, which I hope will be widely appreciated by our Compass audience."
As always, the Compass staff welcomes the opinions of its readers and will always search for ways to present Ohio University's top news stories in the best format possible.
The Compass email is distributed on Mondays and Thursdays throughout the year.