VDI - Virtual Desktops
The OHIO Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) provides remote access to specific Ohio University software using a full Windows desktop environment from any PC, Mac, iOS or Android device. This access allows users to connect to select University resources from a personal device. When connected, screen images are sent to the user's device, and the user's keystrokes and mouse movements are sent to the virtual PC to mirror an in-person computing experience.
Note: In most cases, it is not necessary or beneficial to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to connect to VDI.
Desktop Access (recommended)
The client desktop application provides optimal functionality compared to a web browser
- Download the VMware Horizon View Client desktop application.
Browser access is available to VDI and provided as a convenience, but should only be used when specifically required or on devices where the client is unavailable.
- Faculty, Staff, & Student VMware Horizon browser access
- Available from anywhere with an internet connection using any compatible device - PC, Mac, iOS, or Android.
- Wide range of applications available to users
- Personal files and settings can be stored independently and securely on your device - no files are stored on a lab workstation.
- Sessions can be started on one device and continued on another without interruption or loss of data.
- Computer lab settings
- Secure access to sensitive data (HIPAA, FERPA, etc.)
- Controlled access to specific software applications
- Access to OHIO-licensed software without making a personal purchase
- Current employees
- Currently-enrolled students
How to Request
Access is enabled by default for all faculty, staff, and students. Access to software provided for specific course use is add automatically, based on students' enrollment in designated courses. Faculty or students needing access to additional applications or pools (student groups) should contact the IT Service Desk.