VDI - Virtual Desktops
Remote access to a full Windows desktop environment from any PC, Mac, iOS or Android device. When connected, screen images are sent to the user's device, and the user's keystrokes and mouse movements are sent to the virtual PC.
- The VMware Horizon View Client is the preferred method of use; unless you have a specific requirement to access via HTML, please download the client.
- STUDENTS: https://mydesktop.ohio.edu
- FACULTY & STAFF: https://securedesktop.ohio.edu
- Available from anywhere with an internet connection using any compatible device - PC, Mac, iOS, or Android.
- Wide range of applications available to users
- Personal files and settings are stored independently and securely - no worries about leaving a file behind on a lab workstation.
- Sessions can be started on one device and continued on another with no interruption or loss of data.
- Use of VPN in combination with VDI is strongly discouraged.
- Computer labs
- Secure access to sensitive data (HIPAA, FERPA, etc.)
- Controlled access to specific software applications
- Current employees
- Students who are enrolled in a virtual desktop-enabled course
How to Request
Access is enabled by default for all faculty, staff,and students. Faculty or students needing access to additional applications or pools should contact the IT Service Desk.