Go to blackboard.ohio.edu and login with your OHIO email and password. Blackboard course sites become accessible to the Instructor of Record eight (8) weeks before the course start date. For more information on locating your course list within Blackboard, please see the Find Your Courses Bb Help page.
Communication in Blackboard Learn: Instructors
You can communicate and interact with an individual or group of students in your course using the many tools available in Blackboard. By using a blend of communication techniques, including real-time sessions, instructors can foster collaboration with and between their students.
- Announcements - Post important course information like due dates, upcoming tests, and other course-related events.
- Calendar - Manage course due dates, class meeting times, and office hours alongside university-wide and personal events.
- Email - Send emails to individual users or select groups within your course straight from your course to their OHIO email account.
- Groups - Create student groups, either manually or randomly, within your course and provide a space for group work and collaboration.
- Discussions - Explore a deeper understanding of course content through discussion board forums with focused topics and places where your students can pose questions.
- Journals - Interact with students privately as they share their reflections on course-related materials.