Teaching, Learning, and Research
Teaching and Learning Tools
- Learning Management System - Blackboard Learn is an online service for posting course-related materials and facilitating interactions between students, instructors, teaching assistants, and guests. Blackboard Learn integrates communication tools with a multitude of content delivery options.
- VoiceThread - Upload, share and discuss documents, presentations, images, audio files and videos. Provide comments/feedback via microphone, webcam, text, phone, audio upload, or freehand markup.
- Student Response System - The Top Hat student response system utilizes students' personal devices (smart phones, tablets, laptops, etc.) combined with interactive slides to facilitate classroom discussions, track attendance, and conduct real time polls or quizzes. Outside of the classroom, Top Hat offers an InteractiveText platform where instructors can adopt, customize, or create Open Educational Resources for their courses in place of traditional textbooks.
- Lecture Capture - Panopto is a cloud-based application for recording lectures, presentations, or events for later replay by students or colleagues.
- Digital Course Materials - Technology solutions that promote affordable, digital content like ebooks and courseware for students.
- Instructional Technology - The Instructional Technology Consultation and Course Production Support service offerings support our campus stakeholders, using a consultative approach in the selection and best use of available academic technology tools that foster engaging, pedagogically sound teaching and learning environments.
- Supercomputing - Subsidized access to cluster computing through the OHIO Supercomputer Center for OHIO faculty and researchers.
- LEO - Custom web application for managing grants through the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs