Help and Resources: Accessing your phone remotely
Forwarding your OHIO phone
If your phone is set up to receive calls from more than one line, then you will need to complete the steps below for each line you wish to forward.
Forwarding: From the desk phone
To forward calls from a desk phone to an off-campus phone number:
- Press the Forward All button located along the bottom of the phone screen
- Enter 9 + 1 + Area Code + Telephone Number (e.g. if your number is 740-555-5555, you would enter 917405555555)
To stop forwarding calls from a desk phone
- Press the Forward Off button located along the bottom of the phone screen.
Forwarding: From the online portal
To forward calls using the online phone portal:
- Connect securely to OHIO internet:
- Login to myphone.ohio.edu with your OHIO ID (the part of your OHIO email address to the left of the @ symbol) and OHIO password
Select Call Forwarding
Select the number you'd like to forward
Check the box next to Forward all calls to:
Click the drop down and select add a new number
In the text field, enter 9 + 1 + Area Code + Telephone Number (e.g. if your number is 740-555-5555, you would enter 917405555555)
To stop forwarding calls, uncheck the Forward all calls to box described in Step 6 above.
For additional instructions, visit the Unified Communications Self Care Portal Quick Reference Guide.
Hiding your phone number while making calls
This will show your caller ID as "Private" instead of your phone number.
- Dial *67 + Telephone Number (e.g. if the number you are calling is 745-555-555, you would dial *67740555555)
Accessing your voicemail remotely
Managing voicemail: From an off-campus phone
Call the Ohio University phone number whose voice mailbox you want to access.
When the greeting begins to play, press the *(star) button.
When prompted, re-enter the Ohio University phone number whose voice mailbox you want to access.
Enter your voicemail PIN.
From here you can check your voicemail like normal.
Changing your Greeting
- Follow the steps above to access your voice mailbox.
- From the main menu prompt, press 4 to access setup options, then 1 to access greetings.
- Follow the voice menu prompts to re-record your greeting or to create/enable an alternate greeting.
For further instructions, including a full list of voice menu commands, visit Voicemail Quick Reference Guide.
Managing voicemail: From the online portal
Connect securely to the OHIO internet:
- Login to voicemail.ohio.edu with your OHIO ID (the part of your OHIO email address to the left of the @ symbol) and OHIO password
- Select Messages
- Select Inbox
- Double-click the message to listen
For further instruction, visit Voicemail Web Inbox Quick Reference Guide.
Send voicemail to your OHIO email
To synchronize voicemail with an OHIO email, please complete the Enable Voicemail Single Inbox form. Doing so will automatically open a ticket with the IT Service Desk to enable this feature.