Help and Resources: Cisco 8800
Place a Call
Athens Campus: Last 5 digits
Regional Campus: 10 digit number using area code
Local Calls: 9 + 10 digit number using area code
Domestic Long Distance: 9 + 1 + area code + telephone number
International Long Distance: 9 + 011 + country code + city + number
Toll Free: 9 + 1 + 8xx + number
Answer a call
Incoming calls are displayed in these ways:
- A flashing amber line button
- An animated icon and caller ID
- A flashing red light on your handset
To answer the call, lift the handset or press the Answer, the Headset button, or the Speakerphone button.
Dial a call
To place a call, pick up the handset and enter a number, or try one of these alternatives.
Redial Last Number
Press Redial to redial from your primary line. To redial on another line, press the desired line button first.
Dial a Number on Speakerphone
- Enter or speed-dial a phone number. The line will begin ringing.
- To continue the call off speakerphone, pick up the handset.
Use Speed Dial
Enter a speed-dial number and press SpeedDial. You can configure speed dials for your phone at https://myphone.ohio.edu
Mute Your Microphone
- Press the Mute button to turn Mute on. Visual confirmation displays.
- Press the Mute button again to turn Mute off.
- On any idle line from which you want to forward your calls, press the Forward All soft key.
- Enter a phone number, or select an entry from the Call History list. (Press the Messages button to forward all calls to voicemail.)
- The display will show a confirmation of the number to which your calls will be forwarded.
- To verify that your calls are forwarded, look for:
- A Forward All icon in the line label.
- The forwarding information in the header.
- To cancel call forwarding, press the Forward Off soft key.
Divert a Call
Divert an incoming (ringing) call in any of these ways:
- While on another call:
- Use the Navigation pad to highlight the incoming call and then press the Divert soft key. (Otherwise pressing the Divert soft key will redirect the current, active call.)
- Silence the incoming call by pressing the Volume down button once, and then let the incoming call go to the target number (voicemail or predetermined number set up by the OIT).
- While not on a call:
- To redirect an incoming call while not on a call, press the Divert soft key.
- Diverting a held call:
- First resume the call and then press the Divert soft key.
Hold and Resume a Call
- To put a call on hold, press the Hold button.
- The Hold icon displays and the line button pulses green.
- To resume the highlighted call, do one of these:
- Press the pulsing green session button.
- Press the Resume soft key.
- Press the Select button in the Navigation pad.
Transfer a Call to Another Number
- Start with an active call (not on hold).
- Press the Transfer button and do one of the following to enter the transfer recipient's phone number:
- Press the pulsing green session button of a held call (right side).
- Enter the transfer recipient's phone number.
- Scroll to a Call History record and press the Call soft key.
Start Phone Conferencing
- Start with a connected call that is not on hold.
- Press the Conference button and do one of the following:
- Enter the phone number for the party you want to add and press the Call soft key.
- Press a Speed Dial button
- Press the Speed Dial soft key and enter a speed dial number, then press the Speed Dial soft key again.
- Select a call from the Call History.
- Wait for party to answer (or skip direct to step 4 while call is ringing)
- Press the Conference button or the Conference soft key.
- To add additional participants, repeat these steps.
To disable video calling please rotate the camera shutter counter clockwise to close and disable the camera. This is only applicable to video capable phones.
Understanding your buttons
Line buttons are located on the left side of the phone screen. Buttons that are not assigned to phone lines can be used for speed-dials and other features.
Session buttons are located on the right side of the phone screen and cannot be modified. These buttons are used to perform tasks such as answering a call, resuming a held call, or initiating phone functions, such as displaying missed calls. Each call on your phone is associated to a session button.
Softkeys are feature buttons that dynamically change to reflect your current options. Four softkey buttons are located below the phone screen. You can press the More softkey when available to reveal additional softkey options.
To scroll though a menu or list, press up, down, left or right on the four-way Navigation cluster. A scroll bar on the screen indicates your relative position within a list.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 8945 provides you with access to corporate and personal contacts using these directories:
- Corporate Directory - All University extensions
- Personal Directory - A list of contacts created and maintained by you on the phone
You may see other directories listed in Contacts. For more information, contact the Service Desk.
Search for and Dial a Contact
- Press the Contacts button
- Select Corporate Directory. (Use the Navigation bar and button to scroll and select.)
- Select any of these criteria to search for a co-worker:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone Number
- Enter the search criteria information, press the Submit soft key, and select a contact.
- To dial, perform any of these actions:
- Press the Dial soft key.
- Press the Select button.
- From the keypad, press the number that is displayed in the upper right-hand corner of the contact label.
- Press the Speakerphone button.
Check for Voice Messages
Check for voice messages in any of these ways:
- Look for a solid red light on your handset.
- Look for a Message icon on a line label. The red background indicates that there are new voice messages.
- When you select a line with a Message icon, a Voicemail icon displays on the right side of the phone screen. Depending on your voicemail system, you might see a count of your new voice messages on the Message icon and Voicemail icon.
Listen to Voice Messages
- To begin:
- Press the Messages button.
- Press a line button with a Message icon
- Press the Session button next to the Voicemail icon.
- Follow the prompts to listen to your voice messages.
- After you listen to your new voice messages, the message indicators are updated on the phone screen. If there are no new voice messages, the Message icon is removed from the line label, and the Voicemail icon is removed from the right side of the phone screen.