Wireless Display Projection
Many OHIO classrooms and meeting spaces let you use wi-fi to send video and audio from a laptop or mobile device to the room's flat panel or projector. If a display supports wireless projection, connection instructions will appear on the unit's startup screen when you turn it on.
How to Access
OHIO currently uses two different display projection technologies: Solstice and AirMedia. Both require you to download and install an app the first time you connect.
AirMedia is available in many buildings at Ohio University.
First time setup
Before you can connect to an AirMedia projector or display over Wi-Fi, you must install the AirMedia app:
- Turn on the room's projector or display. If the device uses AirMedia, its startup screen will show an IP address, access code, and "Crestron" at the bottom.
- Open your AirMedia app.
- If you receive a No devices found error, click Ok.
- Enter the IP address (including punctuation) and access code from the display/projector's startup screen and click Connect:
Available in: Ellis Hall
First time users
- Turn on the room's projector or flat panel.
- If the unit uses Solstice, its startup screen will include a room number and 4 digit code in the upper left, the current time and an IP address in the lower left, and instructions on the right.
- Follow the instructions on the startup screen to install the Solstice app.
- If your device does not connect automatically after you install and launch the Solstice app, go to the Enter IP tab and type the IP address shown in the lower left of the display or projector's startup screen. Use only numbers and periods when entering this address.
- Enter the 4 digit code shown in the upper left of the display or projector's startup screen.
- Launch the Solstice app on your device.
- If the room you need is listed under Discovered Displays, choose it. Otherwise, go to the Enter IP tab and type the IP address shown in the lower left of the display or projector's startup screen. Use only numbers and periods when entering this address.
- Enter the 4 digit code from the upper left of the display or projector's startup screen.
- Uses wi-fi to share your computer or mobile device's screen and audio on a classroom projector or flat panel display.
- Multiple users can connect to the room's projector/display at the same time.
- Student collaboration
- You must be logged into eduroam wi-fi
- You must be physically present in the room