Email Distribution Groups: Catmail
Opt-in/out, listserv-style mailing lists for small or large groups of OHIO email addresses.
- Single address: Messages sent to the group address are delivered all members.
- One-way or two-way: A group can be a two-way discussion forum, or it can be an announcement list that only accepts mail from specific senders.
- Moderation: Messages can be delivered immediately, or they can be held for approval by the list moderator(s).
- Membership management - In most cases, you can manage your own list's membership.
- University accounts only - All members must have OHIO email addresses (@ohio.edu).
- Discussion groups and announcement lists when all members are OHIO email users.
- Creation: You must be a current employee, emeriti, or a registered student organization to request a new Catmail distribution group.
- Access: Anyone with a valid OHIO email address can be a member of a Catmail distribution group.
How to request
Contact the IT Service Desk with the following information:
- List name: What people will see if they look up your list in Outlook or Outlook on the Web.
- List managers: The OHIO email address of the individual(s) responsible for managing the distribution list.
- List members: The OHIO email addresses of everyone who should be a part of the distribution list.