Electronic Document Management: OnBase
OnBase is an extensible, customizable electronic document management and workflow system for capturing paper and electronic documents. Departments utilizing OnBase document imaging see gains in operating efficiencies, materials reductions, and business continuity, as well as enhanced disaster recovery capabilities.
How to Access
- OnBase Web Client
- Best for retrieving and viewing documents or interacting with workflows.
- Requires Chrome 57 or greater, Firefox 52 or greater, Safari 9.1.0, 10.0.0 or 10.1.0, Edge 14, or Internet Explorer 11.0.
- OnBase Desktop Client
- More advanced functions will require that you install OnBase on a Windows machine
- Capture and archive paper documents by scanning
- Capture and archive electronic documents through various import processes
- Once captured, documents can be easily and securely shared with other OnBase users via a basic retrieve/view interface or via a workflow interface that can be customized to meet your business process requirements.
- To scan documents or create workflows: Academic and administrative units
- To view documents: Employees
How to Request
- For existing OnBase solution access for individuals, submit the Request for Access to OnBase form.
- To develop a new OnBase solution for your department, please request a digital workflow project.
To scan and archive paper documents as images, you will need a license. Capabilities vary based on the license your department chooses to purchase.
OnBase Production License - Medium and High Volume - $2000
- Supports TWAIN, ISIS and Kofax compatible scanners.
- Patch and barcode recognition.
- Scan documents at your scanner's maximum pages-per-minute rate.
- Required workstation license included.
OnBase Desktop License - Low Volume - $1600 - $2100
- TWAIN compatible scanners only
- Two different scanning rates available:
- Up to 30 pages per minute: $1000
- Greater than 30 pages per minute: $1500
- Workstation license: $600
Contact the IT Service Desk to request a formal OnBase licensing quote.