Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) is a powerful reporting and analytical tool that provides access to interactive dashboards, operational reporting, and one-time queries, as well as proactive business activity monitoring. OBI offers a suite of standard dashboards and reports for broad institutional use, as well as options for specialized reports for specific departmental or individual reporting needs.
How To Access
- For best results, we recommend using Apple Safari 10 or greater, Google Chrome 63 or greater, Microsoft Edge 41 or greater, or Mozilla Firefox 52 or greater.
- Create interactive dashboards with rich visualizations such as bar graphs and pie charts.
- Work with reports, prompts, tables, and pivot tables, with full capability for drilling, navigating, and interacting with results.
- Create custom reports against predefined data models. Save and share these reports with other users, or access shared reports created by others.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Finance and Human Resources data warehouse (refreshed nightly)
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Financials, and Student Records data (real-time query capability)
- Institutional Research & Effectiveness data (refreshed on specific dates throughout the term)
- Other data sources by request (subject to approval)
Available to all OHIO students, faculty, and staff:
- Employee Lookup
- Student Funds Available
Available to OHIO faculty and staff only:
- Daily Admissions Reporting
- Finance Dashboard (requires additional approval for guests and temporary or student employees)
- Institutional Research & Effectiveness Official Census Reporting
Available subject to data steward approval:
- Graduate College Dashboard
- Human Resources Dashboard
- Registrar Dashboard
- Student Financial Aid Dashboard
- Undergraduate Admissions Dashboard
- Ability to create reports available to functional owners of Oracle E-Business Suite or PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
Standard access is enabled by default for eligible users.
If you need access to additional Finance or HR data in OBI, please submit a request to the IT Service Desk, who will contact the appropriate data steward for review.
If you need access to additional student data in OBI, please submit a request to one of the following data stewards:
- Bursar - Kim Trout (email@example.com)
- Graduate Admissions - Nikole Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Institutional Research - call for special report requests
- Instructional Innovation - Mary Brown (email@example.com)
- Graduate Appointments - Lisa Poston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Registrar - Cherise Olmo (email@example.com) and Lita Ohlinger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Student Financial Aid - Jill Lallier (email@example.com) and Melissa Van Meter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Undergraduate Admissions - Jessica Wright Stage (email@example.com) and Andy Helms (firstname.lastname@example.org)